Let's hear it for European equities. The major stock markets across the pond saw their best first-quarter winning streak since 2006. And while many experts are waiting to see how the markets deal with Europe's austerity measures -- the April 2012 European Financial Forecast lets the cat out the bag:
"European Stocks Have Already Signaled" their next move.
Take note, because this is what it feels like to watch history in the making.
- Elliott Wave Overview: What do Germany's DAX, France's CAC 40, and the EuroStoxx 50 all have in common? Well, one look at the opening chart of the April European Financial Forecast,and it's easy to see how all 3 indexes sport an identical wave structure from the July 2011 low: a zigzag. The best part about seeing a zigzag in a price chart -- let alone ALL three price charts of Europe's bellwethers -- is that it reveals what larger trend Europe is in.
- Market Momentum: We're not pulling any punches. We ditch the usual Relative Strength Index for the "preferred" momentum oscillator, the Jurik RSX. The heightened sensitivity of this indicator has proven its worth over time: It identified the two biggest stock market peaks of the last decade, in 2000 and 2007, AND the biggest bottoms in 2003 and 2009. That the latest RSX reading supports our interpretation of the waves says everything.
- Market Psychology: A strong rally in stocks has produced a strong rise in bullishness. At the same time, the VSTOXX has fallen to its lowest level in 15 months, indicating a growing complacency among options traders. Well, our chart of implied volatility in European equities since 2007 reveals how traders historically grow more hopeful about the future of stocks in the lead up to... one kind of move.
- Financial Sector Comeback? The mainstream experts say European banks are headed for a prosperous recovery thanks to LTRO's, long-term refinancing operations. But actions speak louder than words. When commercial banks grow more confident in one another's solvency, they show it by lending more AND saving less. Our chart of the European Central Banks Deposit Facility usage since 2008 reveals whether the institutions in charge are still hoarding for a rainy day.
- The Euro: Our update on the euro's next likely move is based on one simple Elliott wave rule: Three waves are corrective, while five-waves are impulsive. We apply this principle to the euro's rally from January to February to determine whether the currency's larger trend is up or down.
- Inflation. What Inflation? The August 2011 European Financial Forecast wrote: "The looming threat in Europe is not inflation, but deflation." And now we have a "mountain of evidence" to prove it; starting with a downward trajectory in Britain's Consumer Price Index, its Retail Price Index, and its broadest measure of money supply, M4. So, will the central banks be able to use monetary policy to reflate the credit bubble? Find out now.
Tap into these insights now RISK-FREE. Details below.
Get Ahead and Stay Ahead of the Investment Herd in 12+ European Markets Now
Here's what you get RISK-FREE for 30 days:
1. The European Financial Forecast
With an intermediate- to long-term focus on 12+ European bourses, you get the invaluable big-picture outlook most investors only dream of. You tap into important social trends moving alongside the regional indexes, and be warned of developing market opportunities long before they occur. You get the knowledge to anticipate how the waves of social mood will affect the political and corporate environments across Europe, helping you invest with confidence.
2. The European Short Term Update
A near-term focus on European markets aims to give you the insight you need to act decisively before short-term market moves. The Update is published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so you're never in the dark about near- and intermediate-term trends in Germany's DAX stock index, Britain's FTSE-100, France's CAC40 and Eurozone's Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50 -- and other markets.
3. The Elliott Wave Theorist
Trusted since 1979, Bob Prechter's straight-talking Elliott Wave Theorist is the bedrock of EWI analysis. Delightfully contrary, refreshingly logical and downright accessible, the Theorist is a must-read for every independent investor. You get thought-provoking analysis and forecasts on the near-, intermediate- and long-term direction of the financial markets, critical trends in investor psychology plus timely in-depth research and insights you're guaranteed not to get from any other source.
- Germany's DAX stock index
- Britain's FTSE-100
- France's CAC40
- Eurozone's Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50
- The Netherlands' AEX
- Switzerland's SMI
- Spain's IBEX 35
- Italy's S&P/MIB
- Belgium's BEL20
- Austria's ATX
- Sweden's OMX
- Norway's OBX
- Greece's FTSE ASE
- Russia's RTS
BONUS: Your risk-free European Financial Forecast Service subscription also gives you instant online access to EWI's advanced Elliott wave tutorial, classic EWI reports, multimedia files, answers from analysts on EWI's Message Board, educational tools, and more. Best of all, these extra resources are 100% free.
Stay Ahead of the Investment Herd in 12+ European Markets Now, RISK-FREE for 30 Days >>